Have an account?

Friday, February 5, 2010

What's Tyra Like??

So some of you know that this past week 4 other girls and I were invited to go up to New York for a taping of the Tyra show. This of course did not come easily we were grilled with ALL sorts of questions to prove that we were Tyra's BIGGEST fans or as they called us SUPER FANS!!! I cannot touch on what the show was about at this moment because it has not aired, But I will tell you that I was so glad to be apart of this show because not only was it for her superfans but about something she is VERY Pssionate about!

The question I keep getting from everyone around me is what is Tyra like!? Alot of people say that when you meet your hero or someone you look up to you probably won't like them as much anymore, but with Tyra it was the complete opposite. If it's possible to give her any more love and respect than I allready had then that is what happened. This lady is so Genuine and so REAL it's crazy!! She could have easily done what she was suppose to do, (ask us our questions shoot a smile our way and call it a day) but that was not the case! The LOVE was truly there and felt. She talked to us in between breaks, invited us to sit in the audience and finish watching the taping (even tho some of the staff were trying to shoo us back upstairs to our green rooms), and as if that wasn't enough for the last segment she called us back on stage and we got to help her answer questions. It was simply AMAZING!!! Actually there are no words to describe it!

Needless to say she is absolutely stunning up close. If you are like me and you see pics and watch her on tv and you're just in awe it's like 10x that affect when you are staring her eye to eye!! In my opinion, she wasn't even wearing alot of makeup becuase you could still see her freckles!! Even though she is beautiful on the outside it was her inner beauty that really got to me... JUST WOW!!

We also received autographed pictures of Tyra with our names on them saying Stay fierce love Tyra, which is something else she did just because she wanted too! We got them in the green room before the show and I immediately broke out into tears!! I was so scared because I had already gone through hair and make up and they said I better not cry and mess up their work, but I couldn't fight the tears. I just stared at the picture in disbelief and kept questioning "Why Me?" It was unreal!

Now here is where i really did some growing emotionally once again at the hands of Tyra. As we were leaving I was suppose to be riding to the airport with one of the girls and her mom. As we were walking out the door one of the producers said that Tyra wanted to see her and only her for a quick second. MY HEART DROPPED!! I wasn't mad at Tyra, I wasn't made at Emily, I was mad at myself. And I'll be honest I felt like OMG Tyra doesn't like me!! (crazy right? sorry Im only human!) I went on and got in the car and started my descent to the airport with tears in my eyes! We probably got 2 blocks up the street and I checked my self. I just experienced THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE and experienced something I couldn't have even dreamed of and realized that I was being SELFISH!! There are SOOO many girls who would have Killed to have been apart of what I had been apart of. I wiped the tears from my eyes and thought about all the things tyra has given me,(strength, confidence, a belief that I can do what ever I put my mind to, and I have almost defeated my fear of planes w/ch i only got on to go see Tyra) And that is something no object could ever compare too... EVER!!!

So Tyra if you are reading this, I cannot say thank you enough and I really can't even put into words how much you have done for me or even begin to Thank you enough! Just know that YOUR spirit lives in me and that it lives in my friends through me and so on and so on and That your message has reached millions whether they want to admit it or not. YOU HAVE IMPACTED OUR SOCIETY IN A WAY NO ONE ELSE HAS AND WE THANK YOU FOR THAT!! So on behalf of all your fans and super fans We love you Ty and we thank you so very much!

* What has Tyra given you? Not materialistically..But to become a better person? I want to know! And please Never give up on a dream, because dreams do come true! They may not happen when you want them to But they come when they are suppose to!

**Dream big and Achieve Greater**
Love and Fierceness!!

12 comments:

Fiercetyrafan said...

awww this is soo great...Thats soo amazing you got 2 meet Tyra Banks!

Hayley said...

Crazy how she can change someone's life like that. I'm glad to hear you had such a great time I knew you would! Can't wait to watch it.

But out of all the things Tyra has tought me, the two things that are always in the back of my head are EVERYONE is beautiful and always go for your dreams. Her voice is always in my head telling me not to give up when I feel like quitting. Like I know even though I couldn't go with you guys my time to meet her will come one day... because Ty is my LIFE!!!

Ellie said...

Teah,

I am very jealous that you got to meet Tyra Banks, but am also VERY happy for you. :) Someone's dream has to come true, right? haha

I wouldn't expect Ty to be any different in person. I know that she will only be 10X greater than what I would have expected.

Tyra sent a producer back to get her? Oh my goshhh, my heart would have fallen out of my chest. Haha. Had I been there, on the stage, I probably would have passed out, tbh. LOL.

Tyra has given me hope. I know that my dreams can come true if I work hard enough. She has given me many dreams...to be a producer, to reach out and let girls know that they are BEAUTIFUL and to embrace themselves, the good and the bad. She made me realize that everyone is different, but we all have something in us that is good. She taught me that gay isn
t bad (my parents and everyone around me told me that is was, it was just the way I was raised)and to accept everyone the way they are and to not change them or tell them that who they are isn't good enough. (Not that i did that, but you get what I'm saying.)

Tyra is my role model. I look up to her so much. She has given me hope & dreams. Without her I would probably not have a reason to get out of bed because I had no dreams before.

<3 Tyra is beautiful....inside and out ;)

Lauren Feinstein said...

I don't even know where to start,

It's probably been around two, two-three years ago that my Tyra-obsession has been in full force. My cousin was obsessed with Eminem and I never really understood how she could be so committed to one person, until I flipped on the Tyra show one day.

I'm gonna try to make this the short(er) version
Basically I'm constantly critiqued (sp?) by my family members and teased about all my eating habits. In 7th grade I stopped eating and lost around 20 pounds. As if it wasn't bad enough, no one had even noticed my drastic change in appearance or the fact that I was anorexic. Not even that, the comments didn't dissipate, and the hatred I felt toward myself when I stared in the mirror didn't go away. When I was satisfied with my body (which I never am now) i was staring at my face. My nose. The Infamous Jew Bump. But I'd never thought about changing my self physically until my mom offered a nose job. I finally had it when i was 16 in 2007, and that is something I do not regret. Yeah I know I didn't accept and love my flaw, but I changed it to make myself more confident.

I should probably wrap this up and tie it into Tyra. So anyway, I wear my hood everyday. People are always yelling at me to take it off because it hides my face (which I don't get because its the back of my head, but whatever) or asking me why I'm always wearing it. It's just something I do. I'm probably internally hiding from the outside world because I'm too wrapped up in my insecurities.
So one day while flipping through TV I landed on the Tyra Show, and I was instantly hooked. Tyra made me feel something I hadn't felt inside in a really long time. I'd never thought about my life, what I wanted to do with it, or why I even mattered until each of the topics Tyra talks about were brought up.

So when people ask me, why are you so obsessed with Tyra? What has she ever done for you? She's allowed me a medium to see the light inside of me, and the beauty that lies beneath, not outside. (super cliche, but it's true). She gave me a sense of hope and reason, and made me want to value my life and imperfections, and not just float on by. To make a difference. To make someone's day. To make someone smile. To take what I have and spread it to others. Tyra's not afraid to go there, and that's definitely something I look up to. I have brothers, they don't understand what I go through when they call me fat as a joke. They don't understand the depression that feeds at my insides everyday.

Right now, I'm still battling with my body, and Tyra makes me see each and everyday, that I don't need to do that.

There's definitely more, but that's not something I wanna really post. But anyway, I'm really glad those who did get to go had an amazing time. I remember when I saw Tyra at the New York Times Event, my heart stopped, I started hyperventilating and probably threw up a little bit in my mouth. Her appearance and confidence is captivating, and it's something I hope to acquire some day.

Along with meeting her of course.

--Lauren

Lauren Feinstein said...

oh and tyrettes forever.

fierce and love.

Hayley said...

Just thought of something else...
I had no idea what I wanted to do in college until I went to The Tyra Show. I was so amazed by everything that goes into making the show so I decided I wanted to work behind the scenes on TV shows! Still not sure exactly what I want to do. But now I am in a great film school on the broadcast production track. My dream was to work on the talk show... but now that it's ending that's not gonna happen. I still hope to work with Tyra one day and can't thank her enough for motivating me in life!

P.S. More words of wisdom that have changed my life and have really helped me... "love doesn't hurt"

gaelle said...

i am so jelous that u got to meet the most amazing perdon on earth. i want to meet her sooooo badly. if i had to sit here and tell you why i am obsessed with the tyra it take forever. i have been a fan of hers since i was 9 and i always wanted to meet her.she has forever changed everything for me and whenever says something bad about her i take it so personally cause if you mess with tyra you mess with me. you will never beliee how much i truely just love her. i have always looked up to her as aperson that any youumg girl like me would look up to. she is just a great person inside and out its just that when i saw her i was like omg she is just gorgeous and since there i have looked up to her. i think tyra is a person who could just do anything..she is just everything. i feel like if you give her something to do she will do it.i feel like she does what she wants and is who she is and makes no apologies about that. which i love. i think she is so real andd i dont know how any one can think otherwise. she will tell you straight up and shes not afraid to. alot of people think shes being a bitch but jsut like me its not called being a bitch its called being urself.she does shows that nobody would have the guts to.i think that she is so grat for stepping out of the boundaries and doing all these amazing shows. she has giving me so much its crazy. she gave me confidence and she makes me and alot of other girls out there feel like we can do anything. she showed me that everone is beautiful and you dont have to be super tall or super gorgeous and skinny to be beautiful.uhhhhhhhh lol so much to say but i just cant put into words. im sure we all love her for our own reasons. she is just....awesome!

Lauren Feinstein said...

hayley! same for me.
i actually had my letter and resume sitting at the production office.
oh termination of the show.

something i can't even think about.
before my life spirals out of control again, hopefully they'll still play re-runs

now i'm going into broadcast journalism and want to do tv productions and some telecommuications. god, i'd never thought Tyra Banks could make me figure out what I wanted to do with my life but she did.

i should probably get off this website.
if you see this Tyra, you've changed me for the better and I couldn't love you anymore for it.

All Things Tyra said...

Im going to address some of you by your twitter names lol @laurenFeinstein @hayleyprestwood @ellielarsen @fiercetyrafan AND Gaelle I am loving your comments, you ladies are truly beautiful inside and out. Reading your comments on how much Tyra has done for you is so heart warming and your love for tyra is profoundly illustrated!! My wish is that you all will get a chance to meet this woman who means so much to us all!! It will happen you just have to believe... Its like she says if you can't get in through the front door, go to the back door, can't get through the back door try the window, basement...etc Just NEVER GIVE UP!!! Love you all!! :)

Ellie said...

Lauren,

Isn't amazing the kinf of impact that Tyra has had in our life? I totally relate to the struggling part. The shows Tyra did on cutting helped me quit after several years of doing it. It's still a struggle, but whenever I feel like I need to do it I just think of things she has said and the hope that she has given me. I know you already know this, but you are not alone in your struggle.
She is truly amazing. Reading stories like yours that show how Tyra has changed your life touch me sooooooo much. I'm so glad that you are beginning to heal. You are beautiful-inside and out, (I saw your pic on twitter)and I hope that your dreams come true one day and that you become whatever you want to be and change lives in the process. <3

Alejandra Flores said...

I'm may not be tyras biggest fan, but I look up to her SO MUCH .. She has thought me so many things. How to see the good in ppl,how to be positive, how to Never to give up on my dreams but most of all HOW TO LOVE MYSELF. .

All my life I have a been a "FLUFFY" girl never the thinnest but not the biggest either. Ty has opened my eyes & has made me realize that its okay if I'm not a size 1 The important thing is being healthy and accepting my BEAUTIFUL curves. I've never been picked on about my weight but have witness it. I have seen how boys pick on girls who are over weight And it breaks my heart. I ask my self how people could be so cruel? But Just like ty has shown me, I don't judge instead I try to bring them up

Ty is one of my biggest inspirations! She is my idol, my guide, my everything!. I LOVE her There isn't one day where I don't talk about her. I love the fact that she is so HUMBLE. She's REAL her empowerment towards WOMEN! Is one of the main things that has giving me strength! With out ty I think I would be a depressed 16 year old girl. But Im not and I thank her SO SO MUCH! I don't see Her as Tyra banks the super model. I see her as TyTy my FRIEND.

Meeting her would be life changing. Just by seeing her on T.V. I get over whelmed LOL I love her ! :DLol another As 4 u teah, Im sooo soo happy 4 U! U deserved it! . Soon it will B my turn :) I believe it! Ty has shown me 2 nevr giv up! thr4 I wont! ;)

Olivia said...

i remember the episode where she confronted the tabloid picture of her in a bathing suit and they were pointing out the cellulite on her thighs, saying she was fat. She put that same bathing suit on that she wore in those pictures and walked across that stage and didnt look a thing like she did in those photos. but she did have flaws, and she wasnt... See More afraid to show the entire world. she was trying to make a point that NOBODY is perfect and we all have flaws, inside and out. that made me feel a litle more confident about myself because tyra banks is beautiful, but she has flaws just like the rest of us. shes a very humble person and i love that.

Post a Comment

No Negativity plz, that is all I ask! thank you